Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Shack

I am currently readiung this book. It is excellent. I do not want to give the story a way so you will have to read it for yourself. But I do want to quote a paragraph from page 59.

"With evening quickly approaching, an intense discussion began regarding the efficacy of immediate pursuit or holding off until daybreak. Regardless of their point of view, it seemed that everyone who spoke was deeply affected by the situation. Something in the heart of most human beings simply cannot abide pain inflicted on the innocent, especially children. Even broken men serving in the worst correctional facilities will often first take out their own rage on those who caused suffering to children. Even in such a world of relative morality, causing harm to a child is still considered ABSOLUTELY WRONG. Period!"

Well, I don't thing I could agree more. What say you? Keep up the great work everybody at ARC and Rahab's House. And I think my prayer today is for Gary and everyone at IJM. Bless you all.

No comments: