Sunday, May 18, 2008

on our way- Jeff

well today is the day. we come back home.
it really has been an interesting trip home. this morning i woke up and with all excitement started to pack up my things. i made my bed and found something i would rather have not seen. a BIG HUGE UGLY cockroach was in my bed. who knows it could have been there all night. this is when my thoughts were, "I need to get out of this country". don't get me wrong, Ive loved this experience and would do it again in a heartbeat, but this was just a little too much, and i would like to sleep in my own bed tonight.
we finished packing and went down for some breakfast. this was the first big plate of food that i have been able to eat since Tuesday and it was GOOD. i think I'm getting mostly better at this point in time. we finished up breakfast and did some last look arounds at our hotel rooms and headed off for the van to take us to the airport. we went through the city taking in the last few minutes of Cambodia that we would see.
when we got to the airport we found a Dairy Queen. so some of us had blizzards and then it was time to board. we got on the plane and arrived safely at the Taipei airport. this brings us to the now. we have to wait 7 hours for our last plane to arrive to take us home. we are all a little anxious to get on that plane. i think its the only time when we are dying to get on a plane that will take us 14 or so hours, but it will be worth it.

see you all soon
Jeff

No comments: