Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Distractions -- from Toph

Departure is soon, and the prospect of what we hope to accomplish is becoming increasingly clear with each passing day. Last night's meeting, addressing the nuts and bolts of this project (literal nuts and bolts, at times) really brings home the enormity and the value of this project. Our hopes for the future of Rahab's House are high.

Of course, alongside that are all the concerns of "normal life" for us here in Vancouver, and as May 3 draws ever closer, the sundry pressures of work distract and seem burdensome. Many many small jobs need to be done, which seem incidental or irrelevant to the larger picture, but which do need to be done all the same. My day today was filled with these, and tomorrow and Friday will be as well.

The danger, I fear, is that too much focus on things here will leave me under-prepared for Cambodia. I don't want that. Concerns here must coexist with family concerns, and preparations for the trip. Fortunately, I do at least know I am not in control. That's something -- more than something.

Time to buy some steel-toed shoes.

Toph

No comments: