Thursday, April 24, 2008

Phnom Penh is not Edmonton

I was flying to Guelph, ON, today and we made a stop in Edmonton. It was white, very white - and it looked very cold. I gazed out through the window of the plane and imagined what Phnom Penh would look like and funnily enough the first thing I thought about was "there will not be any snow."

Today in Phnom Penh it is 29C, and the weather network says it feels like 41C. I can't imagine what it must feel like inside Rahab's House. Dark, hot, sticky cramped spaces and I wonder what it must smell like?

Such a contrast from the vast whiteness of Edmonton and yet I am so struck right now of the truth of the banner we will be taking with us to NewSong. We ARE all God's children, no matter where we are.

God's love is soooo vast. Hallelujah.

Marty

No comments: