Saturday, May 17, 2008

Go…Stop…Go…Stop - Grant

The last few days have been days of whiplash for me – not the kind you get in your neck so you don’t have to worry. It has been a real emotional time of whiplash which has a physical and emotional impact. It was go, go, go through the first 9 days we were here and then Jeff got sick. There was the frantic effort to get him to the hospital and get him the care he needed. He began to improve immediately and I was so thankful – we were all so thankful. Though we had a team working hard in Svay Pak, my place was with my son in the hospital. So for about 50 hours the two of us were full stop. I could go out and breathe in some stifling air but I didn’t go out much because Jeff couldn’t and I wanted to be there for him in everyway I could.

When Jeff was released we rejoined the team for our reflection time – to cheers mind you – and then out for supper. And then it was full GO again. We had one more day to complete everything at Rahab’s House before we had to be done. It was a crazy day as I felt like I was moving in slow motion trying to keep up. (I will post again on my reflections of that last day.) And now it is Saturday and we have left Svay Pak behind – physically at least. Today is a day to decompress and finish shopping and do some touring of the city we’ve not been able to do.

Go…Stop…Go…Stop

It is time to go home!

Grant

No comments: