Thursday, May 15, 2008

My bud Marty - by Kelvin and Paul

The story is inspired by the stories Kelvin used to make up for his two girls back home. When they were a lot younger he used to create “Ruff Stories” every night just before they went to bed. Ruff was a cute little brown dog whose name was Ruff because he would always say “ruff ruff”. Ruff always had run-ins with the milkman, which made for pretty good stories which the girls loved. Here we don’t have a little dog and we don’t have a milkman, we only have Marty and Me.

Story by Kelvin. Illustrations by Paul

Warning: The names in this story have not been changed to protect the innocent. We're sorry Heather, we couldn’t resist.

Marty, it takes a special person to motivate us to produce this work. Unfortunately, the copywrite laws will preclude you from profiting from this story. Sorry. Hope you enjoy it.


Marty and Me

There once was a man named Marty, He is a nice man, I like Marty.

Marty is married to a lady named Heather, Heather is a nice lady, I like Heather.

Marty likes to talk so he decided he should be a minister, that way everyone has to listen to him. I like the way Marty talks. I would listen to Marty.

One day Marty decided to go to Cambodia, I like Marty. He is fun to be with so I went too. I like to be with Marty.

Marty is going to have to work hard in Cambodia so he had to learn how. I think he has learned really good. Marty like to hit walls with a big hammer, it takes him lots of hits but the walls do fall down. I like the way Marty swings the big hammer.

Marty is good at painting. Sometimes there is more paint on Marty than the wall but that’s okay, I think it makes Marty look better. I like the way Marty paints.

After work Marty is all dirty, I don’t like being with Marty when he is all dirty and stinky.
When dinner comes Marty is all clean again, I like going to dinner with Marty.

Marty eats a lot of funny things, I don’t like bangers and mash, but Marty does, he can have them all.

Marty likes to be in pictures, especially my pictures. Marty usually has a funny look on his face in my pictures. Somehow I have lots of pictures of Marty but that’s okay, I like Marty and we have become best buds.


P.S. Marty, looking at spending more time with you and Heather once back in Canada.

Kelvin and Paul

No comments: