Monday, May 12, 2008

Kelvin's post #8 "Information Overload"

It has been a few days since I have posted and at the moment I am having a little trouble concentrating but I will give it my best. It is partly because of information overload and partly because I am sitting next to my new buddy Marty.
Anyways it has been a interesting few days and the emotional roller coaster has been exhausting. We have been out with friends at a beer and barbeque restaurant having lots of fun and then wake up the next morning to go to see the killing Field. From there we go straight to have a very nice lunch and then spend a few hours in the market. For dinner we go to have a very nice cambodian dinner with Sotheary, Brians right hand person with Ratanak. Sunday morning we head off to church which is a "Little" different from what I am used to but I really enjoyed it. They did a special dedication to all the mothers for mothers day and it was at this point that I realized how much I missed my family, Barb (bless her heart) must have seen it in my eyes and came over to give me a big hug, thanks again Barb I needed that. After church we again had a nice lunch in town before heading out to the rescue center about 25kms out of town. It was a very nice drive in our tuktuks, gave us a chance to see a bit more that the streets of Phnom Phen. The rescue center is an amazing place and trying to describe it would not do it justice. The only thing I can say is that it is one step closer to heaven than I have ever experienced before, Marie is an amazing person and God is using her to do great things.

Monday morning came early and before I knew it I was back at RH with a paint brush in my hand wondering how in the world I was going to be able to go home at the end of the week and resume "normal" life. The things I have heard, seen, smelled, and felt this past week, and I'm sure there is more to come, have been enough to last a life time.

Kelvin

1 comment:

anita said...

Kelvin

I just read all your comments. How wonderful you have this opportunity. It sounds hard both physically and emotionally. I trust that God will give you good strength to finish up this week well.
I am sure God will be using this experience for your own good as well as for the good work you and your team are doing.

Love, Auntie Anita