Friday, May 16, 2008

Kelvin's post # 10 "Restless in Surrey"

I was sitting in church one Sunday morning about six months ago going through the motions of a worship service but that was about it. I have been going to church all my life, I have sung all the songs, read the Bible, prayed, gone to bible classes, and much more. I have done all the things that you are supposed to do when you “Go to Church” but it all seemed to have become routine. I was getting restless, I could not explain it at the time but I had the sense that God wanted me to do more but I could not put my finger on it.

Now here I am in Cambodia, with an exhausted but satisfied team of dedicated Christians, most of whom I did not know three months ago. As a team we have been through a lot in the past two weeks, we have stared evil in the face in Svay Pak, Tuol Sleng, and the Killing Fields. We have seen the love of God poured out at Arc and the Rescue center. As said before by other members of the team, “Cambodia is a Country of Extremes” and God has shown us both sides of the coin.

A few months back when talking with pastor Tom at my Church I told him about going to Cambodia and I remember him telling me that I would come back a changed man. God has given me an experience so far out of my comfort zone that I don’t know if I will ever find it back!
Maybe He does not want me to find it back!

Tomorrow we get on a plane and leave this place; our part in the transformation of Rahabs House is complete. I thank God for calling me to be a part of this team and my prayer is that Rahabs House will always be a place out of the ordinary, a place that stands out in Svay Pak. A place where people can come to know Christ and a place where kids can come, feel safe and be kids.

This will be my last post and I would like to thank everyone for all their love and support over the past few weeks, we could not have done this without you.

Kelvin

No comments: