Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kelvins post #9 "Changes"

The team worked well today despite being with out Jeff and Grant. I know for myself I kept thinking how much they must be longing to be working with the team. I was off yesterday with a milder case of what Jeff has and I felt rotten, I can't imagine how bad he felt. I was very excited to be feeling good this morning(14 hours of sleep really helps) and to be able to get back at it. We got lots done today and RH is looking fantastic. Before leaving this afternoon I asked Josh, a young man who is involved in the planning of RH, if this is turning out as expected. He turned to me and told me that this is more then he had ever imagined.
I also managed to talk with a local man who is involved with ARC who was helping us today. He had just been talking with an elderly gentleman who lives in Svay Pak and I asked him what the locals think about all this. He said the locals are jealous about what we are doing. When he elabourated he said that they see us coming in with lots of money and changing things, changes that may effect their buisness and they don't like it. They are happy that we are making a school that will be free and a place where free medical clinics will take place but they don't want the Christians. Christians and a child sex slave industry don't mix and they are worried for their money. I am glad that they are worried because it means that RH is already making an impact and it's not even finished yet.

Kelvin

No comments: