Saturday, May 17, 2008

rapping things up- Jeff

Today was a final market and sight seeing day. Many of us went to the mall or the markets to get some last minute gifts for the people back at home. Martin, Kit, Grant and I went to the markets and then we went for a tour of Phnom phen. Our tuk-tuk driver took us around the city pointing out some things that we might like to see. We saw the royal palace, watt Phnom and he even showed us where he lives. We passed the hospital that Sokna was born in as well, so we took some pictures (only from the outside) and then we went back to the hotel.

After all of the shopping I began to realize that this experience, this part of my life is coming to an end. This rose a range of emotions. Since Tuesday I have wanted to just leave this place, all that we have been through I feel that I am physically and emotionally drained. Even getting royalty type treatment in the hospital I feel that being in the hospital for so long that it made me just want to be home in my own bed near things that aren’t so foreign and even just having some of the comforts of home. On the other hand I think about all the things that still need to be done in Svay Pak, and all of the people and friends that we have made and it makes me a little sad that we are going to leave. I probably wont see many or even all of them ever again.
So were coming back tomorrow and we’ll arrive Sunday evening Vancouver time. I’ll leave here with both feelings of happiness and some sadness but I think I’m really looking forward to getting home

No comments: