Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How much water can you drink - by Paul

We all knew that we put out a lot of energy yesterday, being the first day, being all excited to finally start the work we were called to Cambodia to do. By last night, we also knew that the day's work had taken a toll on us. I don't think we realized how much it took out of us.

I started the day wondering how I would be perceived by the other team. Thirty minutes later, having shoveled a ton of bricks into wheelbarrows, I felt like I used up my energy store for the day. I was hot, my shirt was already saturated with sweat, and my body was screaming for water.

We knew that our water consumption was going to be pretty impressive. On the way home yesterday we did a detour to Lucky's Market to pick up water... 60 1.5 litre bottles, figuring that it would last a couple of days. By the end of the day, I had finished off nearly 4 bottles, or just under 6 litres... of which most exited through my skin pores.

Despite the heat and the initial feeling that I wouldn't be pulling my weight today (a sentiment expressed everyone else on the team when were back in the hotel), it was amazing how much our team accomplished today. We may have actually completed more work today than yesterday, when we were fresh as daisies.

Which brings me to the end of my entry today. I know that we could not have accomplished this without all the prayers of our families and friends back home. Your prayers are being answered by a very gracious and loving God.

Make me wonder what miracles God will be performing tomorrow at Rahab's House. Time to go to bed so that he has a fresh body to work with :0)

Good night, Paul

No comments: