Monday, May 5, 2008

Kelvin's post #2

Today was a hard day phsyically and mentally. I new the work would be hot, dirty, and sweaty and believe me it was all of that and then some but I did not expect to feel the way I did today. We saw all the pictures of Rahabs House, the drawings on the walls and we read the books telling us the terrible things that go on in places like this but to actually be here and walk through this place is humbling. We sometimes think we have it so hard and that life is not fair but we have no idea how blessed we are. I don't think I can go back home and look at life the same way again.
I have 2 daughters that are around the same ages of most of these girls that are trapped in the sex slave industry and when I saw a guy drive in on a motto looking for someone like them to use for his pleasure it made me sick to my stomach. What is worse is knowing that this guy is only one of many who make the trip to Svay Pak.
May God bless the work that we are doing that it may become a shining light in a place full of despair.

Kelvin

No comments: