Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kelvin' post #7 "God has a sense of Humour"

Joining the team has been a very interesting experience for me. I know Paul very well and I knew who Grant was but I did not know him personally. When I came to the first meeting and was introduced to everyone my first thought was that this was going to be a interesting ride. Now lets break down what we have:
We have a minister and a minister want a be, handy if we could convince the walls to fall down on their own. we have a salesman who could talk someone into buy them and we have a Greek professor who well I not sure what you could teach a wall, maybe he could help the ministers. We have a work safe guy who could take our first two weeks here to set up a bullet proof safety plan that would be approved by WCB and we have sous-chef which will comes in very handy because we are going to be starving to death. We have systems communications technician to remove all the bugs and an electrician to shed some light on the whole project, and to keep this crew from hurting themselves we have two lovely nurses who are packin enough drugs that they could set up their own Pharmacy
My second thought was I hope God know what he is doing. None of these people have any kind of training in the physical work that He is calling us to do. What I do see is a great love for the Lord and the desire to put themselves out there to be his servants in whatever form that may be.
God does know what he is doing and he did pick 10 people most suited to do this work.
I have never met a more dedicated and hard working bunch of people in my life. The work is brutally hard and the heat is unbearable in that unventilated building. Our nurses sooth our bruises and cuts and scrapes as well as join in to help with the work.

There is more than a rugged side to this team than bash down walls, there is a tender side that when taking a break they sit down to play with the children, or offer them a treat, or simply a smile. There is nothing like seeing a big strong man covered with dirt and sweat, on his knee’s giving his undivided attention to a sweet little girl as if this is the only thing in this whole world that matters.
When going through the markets in Phnom Phen today the kids in Svay Pak were always on our minds, what can we get for the kids, what would they like. We got some stuff and can’t wait to go back and share it with them.
God has hand picked this team and I am honored to be included with such great people.

Kelvin

No comments: