Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Not the day I was anticipating - by Paul

After yesterday wonderful progress, today was a disappointing day for me... not because of the work accomplished by the team today, but because I stayed at the hotel managing a whomping gastro-intestinal protest.

Kelvin was also fighting his own ailment - dizziness, so we agreed with our Kit, Barb and Grant that we would keep each other company. What a pair...

I think mine might be a combination of exhaustion, a bit of dehydredness (is this actually a word?) and maybe something I ate. I'm feeling much better now (lunch stayed at designated destination and is not jumping around), but still feel weak.

Maybe this was not the Blog entry you were looking for... however we all knew that this mission trip was going to come with some known inconveniences, which is why we all have been inoculated to the gills before heading out.

This will not be the last report of a team member having health issues, and although I'm very relieved to spend the day recovering in a cool hotel room, I look forward to gettting back to the job of transforming Rahab's House into a place of hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've been praying for you, Paul, and for Kelvin.
Anyone reading these diaries cannot help but be profoundly moved by what you are describing, how you are feeling, and what God is doing among you and with you and in the village. God bless you